Creative Darlington is a partnership of organisations and stakeholders who share a passion to strengthen and sustain a vibrant cultural offer for Darlington. Our work is focused on arts and heritage and informed by the principles that the culture should be available to everyone, bring people together and champion inclusion and social cohesion. We value excellence, by which we mean striving to be the best of which we are collectively capable and finding ingenious ways to take things forward.
Working with the Creative Darlington board, my job is to take forward and update Creative Darlington’s vision. The arts, culture and heritage bring people together, encourage self-expression, stimulate debate, explore ideas, encourage enterprise and help bring a smile to people’s faces. Creative Darlington’s very much about bringing individuals, organisations and businesses together to create the conditions in which the arts, culture and heritage thrive. If you’d like to find out more or get involved please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Creative Darlington board contains expertise from the private, public and voluntary sectors. Board meetings are normally held on a quarterly basis, and the board’s responsibilities include –
- developing and implementing the goals of the Creative Darlington Vision and ensuring it is constantly refreshed.
- advocacy for arts, cultural and heritage work across Darlington and advising on the strategic long term vision for Darlington’s arts, heritage and culture offer.
- co-ordinating a strategic focus on specific art forms, cultural and heritage priorities, as and where necessary.
- improving outcomes for Darlington and its arts offer by building strong internal and external relationships and collaborations.
- encouraging the development of a creative community in Darlington that supports artistic production, attracts creative professionals to base themselves in Darlington and also retains home-grown talent.
- effective communication with stakeholders, networks and the general public.
The Creative Darlington board currently includes Arts Council England, Culture Bridge North East, Darlington Borough Council, Darlington for Culture, Darlington Hippodrome, Durham Music Service, Tees Valley Combined Authority, Teesside University, The Northern Echo and Theatre Hullabaloo.