Terms and conditions for Darlington Wonders entry
1.This competition is open to residents of the UK aged 18 years or over. It is also open to residents under the age of 18 with approval from a Parent or Guardian.
2.All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Entries can be submitted by via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to attach your artwork or photos/videos of your artwork and your name
Submissions can be made on the Darlington Wonders website .
Postal entries can be sent to:
Darlington Wonders, F.A.O. Stephen Wiper, Darlington Library, Crown Street, Darlington, DL1 1ND
We cannot take responsibility or provide compensation for any entries lost in the post
Entries may also be submitted in person at the Crown Street Library.
4. All entries must be received by the 30th October 2020 5pm.
5. All artwork submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any artworks they submit have been created with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the artwork they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
6. Copyright for all artworks submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Darlington Wonders and Darlington Media Group to feature any or all of the submitted artworks in any of their exhibitions, publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
7. Maximum three entries per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
8. The Winner shall be drawn randomly from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
9. The Winner shall receive an allocation of £100 to be spent in any Darlington town store. The prize is subject to availability.
10. The winner(s) may be required to take part in publicity.
11. The winner(s)’ name(s) and counties may be disclosed to anyone who writes within one month after the published closing date, stating the date of publication and enclosing a stamped addressed envelope, to Darlington Wonders Competition Winner, F.A.O. Stephen Wiper, Darlington Library, Crown Street, Darlington, DL1 1ND
12. The prizes as described are available on the date of publication. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
13. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
14. Darlington Wonders is responsible for the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition and the provision of the prize.
15. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
Promoter: Darlington Wonders